In Germany you will first undergo a three-week onboarding phase (Introduction to GIZ) and then be assigned to one of our offices in Bonn or Eschborn. Here, you will work on a range of thematic areas. Assignments may run for two to eight weeks and will offer you a comprehensive insight into GIZ’s activity areas. You get to work in the Finance, Procurement and Contracting and International Services divisions, the Legal Affairs and Insurance and Auditing and Compliance units and in one of our regional departments.
One of the key elements of the programme is a twelve-month assignment in a GIZ project. Armed with the basic knowledge you acquire in Germany, you will experience the entire commercial cycle in one of our projects abroad. Furthermore, under our professional guidance, you will also work independently on your own project
In order to familiarise yourself with the processes and workflows that are relevant for financial management and to learn about interfaces with other areas, the programme provides for an approximately 8-week placement in one of our country offices.
During the programme, you will be able to access continuous support for your training, including:
- an onboarding event
- a ‘round table’ or monthly trainee meeting
- a final workshop on the temporary placement, which will be held in Germany
- staff assessment and development talks
- a workshop during your foreign assignment
- a final workshop
We expect trainees who have successfully completed the programme to be willing to work in one of GIZ’s partner countries.
Suitable candidates have:
- a (master’s) degree in business administration, economics or similar area
- initial work experience in the fields of finance, financial control, procurement and administration
- ideally already gained initial experience abroad in an internship; experience as an intern at GIZ would be an advantage
- very good organisational and communication skills and are a good team player
- good advisory skills, are flexible, and demonstrate commitment
- a finely honed intercultural awareness
- a good knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes such as Word and Excel and are familiar with SAP systems
- excellent command of German and English for business; knowledge of French would also be expedient
- stated that they are willing to work in one of GIZ’s partner countries during and after successful completion of the trainee programme
Does this sound like something for you? If so, we look forward to receiving your application. Please only apply for vacancies advertised on www.giz.de/jobs.